Lately I have been in a very cooking mood, which doesn’t pair well with my currently busy schedule. But I watched several food documentaries and they inspired me on what I can do and accomplish, so I am trying to become a completely homemade person. First step was making these homemade crackers. Crackers are something I would have never considered to make before, just easier to buy them. Well friends, it is really easy to make them too! These are Italian Herb and Garlic crackers that are worth making at home. They are flaky, flavorful, and are great paired with almost any cheese! This is not be the last time I make these!
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Set oven to 400 and spray two cookie sheets
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and italian seasoning
- Mix the water and oil mixture together and add to the flour mixture.
- Stir until dough is smooth. Cut the dough in half.
- Pat into a pancake as thin as you can, then place on baking sheet, and using your hands get as thin as you can, its okay if its a bit uneven or textured. Do the same with the other dough on the other baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle the dough with garlic powder (although if you hate garlic, you dont have to). Cut dough into squares and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10- 15 minutes. Store in an air tight mason jar or bag and can last for 1-2 weeks!