The weather can’t completely decide what it wants to do with itself but I think it is getting warmer so now it is time to change from the heavy flavor profile to a more lighter and fresher one! This recipe is somewhere in between, just like this weather. It has the bright flavors of the lemon and the freshness from the swiss chard, but it still has that warm and hearty feeling from the beans and broth. This is the perfect lunch for this in between weather we are experiencing!
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard
- 3 slices fresh lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 bouillon cube or 1 cup of chicken stalk
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 can kidney beans
- Begin by chopping and rinsing the swiss chard. Also rinse the kidney beans and set aside.
- In a high walled skillet add the oil and once warm, add the garlic and let saute until golden and aromatic.
- Add in the swiss chard, then the stock with water, cover and let cook for 10 minutes until the swiss chard is just wilted.
- Then add in the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lay the slices of lemon on top.
- Add in your kidney beans and let cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced. Eat and enjoy!