Lately I have been sucking down matcha lattes left and right, ever since I bought myself a pound of matcha powder I want to get through before I have to move. But this is the first recipe that I have tried to cook with the powder and I am VERY happy. These homemade cups are filled with a delicious matcha cream that goes so well with the dark chocolate outer shell. Pack one of these with your lunches and you are bound to have a great day! If matcha isn’t your thing, I provided an alternative classic filling of peanut butter (equally delicious)! These need very few ingredients but you will be very happy you made them!
- 1/2 bag Dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 heaping spoonful matcha powder
- Alternative filling (1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon oats)
- Cupcake liners or wax paper
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and then add in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the matcha powder and use a whisk to break it up so it is evenly dispersed.
- Continue to cook on medium low heat until when you pull a spatula through the mixture you can see the bottom of the pan for a few seconds until it comes back together. That is how you know it is done. Set aside.
- Line your cupcake pan with liners.
- Microwave the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals. Once it is complete melted. Spread a little on the bottom of each liner. You can do a thicker layer too, depends on how much you like chocolate and your ideal ratio.
- Let cool for a few seconds/place in the fridge to let it harden up.
- Scoop in a teaspoon of your filling into the cup and spread into an even layer, trying to keep it from just reaching the sides. Again it is your choice on the ratio.
- Then add another layer of the melted chocolate, spreading so the filling is completely covered and fills in the gap the filling left behind.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate hardens and then transfer into baggies in the fridge.
- Enjoy throughout the week!