Goat Cheese and Bread Stuffed Peppers
A unique twist on stuffed peppers with light airy filling.
- 6 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/2 loaf crusty bread
- 6oz crumbled goat cheese
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- powdered garlic
- tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry peppers and grill whole until tender and blistered. If you do not have a grill, these can be roasted in an oven. 425 for 20 minutes.
- Once peppers are tender, cut off the tops and carefully remove the seeds. Create a small opening, but maintain some structural integrity of the pepper.
- Cut your bread into 1/2 inch cubes and toast in a pan or oven with oil and a light dusting of garlic powder.
- Once toasted, combine in a bowl with chopped capers, the lemon zest, and the goat cheese.
- Stuff into the peppers and enjoy!