This recipe came to be after a 20 mile bike ride where we found ourselves starving and looking for something that was easy but also a little bit of a reward (I mean we did just bike 20 miles!) so we came to this recipe! And have made it many times since!
Sausage Over Creamy Polenta
A creamy satisfying revamp of sausage and peppers.
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 6 Italian Sausage (hot or sweet)
- 1 Onions
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 2.5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk, or a splash of cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A dollop of mustard and garlic powder
- Slice peppers and onions into strips, cook in a skillet until tender.
- Grill the sausage.
- Follow the instructions for cooking polenta as dictated on package. Mine called for three cups of water to 1 cup of polenta. I added 1/2 Cup milk to help boost the creaminess. Once the polenta is cooked, about 30 minutes, add in the garlic and mustard (just a little to help bring out the creaminess), and the Parmesan.
- Once everything is ready, assemble and enjoy!