Shishito peppers seem to be available at every restaurant across the US right now. Just because they are a restaurant craze, doesn’t mean you can only enjoy them at a restaurant!
This super simple recipe combines the peppers which can vary in heat level from hot to mild blistered to perfection with a squeeze of lime and paired with a Mexican inspired aioli. In combination these have all the elements of craveability; salt, acid, heat, and fat!
Add this app to your next dinner party rotation!
- Shishito peppers (washed well and patted dry)
- Oil- enough to lightly coat peppers
- 1/4 lime
- 1 Tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- pinch: chili powder, paprika, and pepper
- 1 splash vinegar (white wine or apple cider)
- In a bowl toss your cleaned and dried shishito peppers with oil, enough to lightly coat and a sprinkle of salt.
- Get a cast iron or saute pan nice and hot. Add peppers. Toss every few minutes to allow to get char on some sides. Cook for 5-7 minutes until there is a decent amount of char on the peppers.
- Once finished, remove from heat and sprinkle with additional salt (to taste) and squeeze of lime.
- To prepare aioli mix all ingredients together, this can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to eat.
- Dip, eat, and enjoy!