Another week another recipe from my cycle syncing meal plan. This week features lamb meatballs loaded with flavor. Pair with interesting toppings and this quinoa bowl does not lack in flavor! Read on to learn how to make these meatballs!
- 1 lb ground lamb (ground turkey or chicken a suitable substitue)
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced well
- 1/4 red onion minced well
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (trust me it keeps them super moist, and you wont even notice them there)
- 1/3-1/2 cup crumbled feta (honestly measure with your heart)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (be careful with salt as the feta adds salt too, and don’t want to over salt)
- Optional: 1 Tbs Pastene Crushed Red Peppers (this will add just a kick of heat and the vinegar works really nicely with the lamb) harissa or paprika could also make nice additions
- sautéed spinach
- arugula or other green
- fresh tomatoes
- roasted: eggplant, bell pepper, red onion
- Kalamata olives
- marinated artichokes
- pickled turnips
- hummus (I used roasted red pepper)
- In a bowl add meat, oatmeal, and egg, beaten
- Chop onions and pepper, add to bowl
- Add in feta and seasonings
- If adding crushed peppers, add now
- Using your hands, gentle massage everything together, try to evenly disperse all the ingredients, so each meatball has some.
- Form into golf ball sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, until internal temp above 165.
- Try to not overcook to prevent dry meatballs!
- Fill a bowl with your toppings and meatballs and enjoy!
Interested in cycle syncing? Check out my meal plan and tracker here