So if you havent guessed, I love olives. They are the staple in most of my meals. So that’s why I made this pasta salad to highlight this amazing ingredient.
- Olives (kalamata, black, spanish) interchangeable with other types of olives
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cucumber cubed
- feta cheese
- pasta (what ever your favorite is for a pasta salad)
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar and lemon juice
- dried minced garlic, oregano, salt pepper, dried mustard
- cook pasta and allow to cool
- dice up onions and cucumbers and slice the olives so they make O’s
- basically you add everything to the pasta once its cut, that’s not the important part, the important part is the dressing.
- for the dressing have 1 part oil to 2 parts vinegar. add a splash of lemon juice. add a generous dash of garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and a graceful dash of dried mustard. whisk. about 1/2 cup dressing for 1/2 pound of pasta. use different amounts if your going to serve it immediately or save it for the next day
- add dressing to pasta, stir.
- enjoy 😀