Fall consists of several key components; football, holidays, and food, but there is one thing that brings them all together; chex mix. Not that bagged stuff that is okay, but not really fresh or that good, I mean the original- homemade- can’t- stop eating- chex mix. It’s so good for sunday night football, munchies before Thanksgiving, or just a delicious snack. It’s really easy, and really worth the time.
- chex cereal ( corn and rice)
- unsalted peanuts
- pretzel sticks
- frito chips
- Worcestershire sauce
- seasoning salt
- butter or margarine
- preheat oven to 275 degrees
- in a microwave safe bowl melt 1 stick of butter or margarine
- in a large roasting pan( make sure its large!) pour in melted butter and about 2 to 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons of seasoning salt. stir together
- add 4 cups of each type of chex cereal ( you can do 2 cups of each for less chex mix, just reduce all the other measurements as well)
- with a spatula gently mix cereal in pan, coating all the cereal with the mixture
- then add 2 cups of pretzels and fritos ( you can add more or less if you like one more than the other)
- and 1 cup of peanuts (optional)
- mix gently to coat and mix all the ingredients
- put in oven, every 15 minutes stir. cook for 45 minutes
- once cooked lay cereal flat onto paper towels.
- let cool so the butter can resoak into the cereal and other ingredients
- if you don’t eat it right away, store in plastic bags
I love this recipe and its delicious!
One response to “Crunchy Crispy Chex Mix”
The great thing with chex mix is you can add just about ANYTHING. I use both corn and rice chex, mixed nuts, pretzel sticks, cheez-its and I put triple the amount of Worcestershire sauce that most people do (because it’s really that good). Mmmmm Chex Mix really is good winter snackin’!