Peanut butter is not really one of my favorite things, but every time there is a peanut butter cookie available it is the first one I take. They melt in your mouth, and are perfectly buttery and soft. These cookies are incredibly easy, and can be made in less than an hour (which in cookie time is really good) There great for the upcoming holiday season.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- mix melted butter, white and brown sugar, peanut butter, and egg together in large bowl (with electric blender)
- Mix together dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) before adding them to the egg and sugar mixture
- use fork or spoon to combine, make sure thoroughly combined, but don’t over mix it.
- put in fridge to cool and harden (1/2 – 1 hour) – can be made several days before also
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- take a small palm full of dough and roll into ball, should be about a 1 – 1 1/2 inch in diameter
- roll in white sugar then place on well-greased baking sheet.
- place 1 inch apart and before adding to oven criss cross cookie with fork to make a checker board pattern on the very top
- bake for 10-12 minutes
- once done baking let cool on baking sheet
- or eat them while there warm ;]