Okay so it might not be the best in the history of hot dogs, but its the best ive ever made at home. I used to just be a ketchup girl, silly me. Hot dogs need the works; the salty, the sweet, and the tangy. Summer is coming, i promise, and when it’s here you’ll appreciate this jazzed up dog.
- hot dog- any kind you want
- hot dog bun
- a kosher pickle
- a white onion
- yellow or brown mustard
- add a little bit of butter to a skillet on medium heat.
- once melted add the hot dog, scoring the top so it wont burst, let cook for about 5 minutes, moving it around and getting it light brown
- while the hot dog is cooking; take a kosher pickle and dry it with a paper towel. then mince it up.
- mince up the white onion
- once hot dog is almost done, lay bun face down in the ban and let brown for a few seconds
- then take out both hot dog and bun, then layer with pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard.
- its quick and easy, but full of flavor!
One response to “The BEST Loaded Hot Dog”
makes me wish I liked hotdogs…let me know when you get to a hopped up hamburger!