To commemorate our first family dorm breakfast we went all out and made a feast. Bacon, fruit, cinnamon rolls, and home fries. Now these home fries are utterly perfect for dorm living because there are few ingredients, it is easy to cook, and you can really feed a crowd of hungry coeds. Not to mention these will make your whole dorm smell delicious and if you make a batch on sunday you can eat it all week long.
- white onion
- pepper and salt
- garlic, minced onion (optional)
- wash the potatoes really well
- place in the microwave and press the baked potato button (if you don’t have one cook in 3 minute intervals until soft)
- Take them out just a few minute shy of done, this will make them easier to slice
- slice up a 1/4 of a large onion, or a half depending on how much onion you like, and sauté with a bit of oil and a thin slice of butter
- let the onion cook until soft, and meanwhile slice up the potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- add the potatoes to the pan and add another slice of butter
- add the minced garlic and salt and pepper
- I found that through the cooking process you will continuously add more garlic and pepper to layer on the flavor
- cook on medium low for about 20 minutes getting the potatoes nice and golden brown, they can sit on low on the stove while you cook other things too
- and once they’re nice and cook, serve and enjoy!!
This recipe will definitely be remade in this dorm and I hope you try it in yours!