So being in college I realize several things. One I am, on occasion, lazy. And two, I am cheap/broke (depends on how you want to look at it). So when I want those delicious mozzarella sticks, I come to a conflict, I want them… but I don’t want to pay for them… and I don’t want to put a lot of effort into making them. Well this recipe is just what us lazy broke college kids need! And it doesn’t take many ingredients, and its really easy. So don’t pick up the phone! Instead head to the kitchen and make yourself some (healthy) mozzarella sticks!
- string cheese, the low fat one works best
- bread crumbs
- I sliced the string cheese in half, but you can leave it whole. First coat lightly in flour.
- then dip in egg, letting the excess drip off
- then roll in the bread crumbs
- if you like a thicker breading, re-dip in egg and then bread crumbs. if not proceed to step 5
- spray a cookie sheet with baking spray, set your oven to 400 and bake, for about 10-15 minutes on each side.
- once they are done serve hot and eat it with what ever you want. its quick and so easy!