Boy, thats a lame title, but my creativity juices weren’t flowing for the title as much as for the dish. This is the only taco meat recipe I ever use. It has a clean taste and isn’t greasy or heavy. It doesn’t use many ingredients and doesn’t have all the sodium and artificial flavorings you’d normally have with using regular taco seasoning. This green sauce is spicy and tangy and goes great with anything. Its really cheap and incredibly simple and will not disappoint your hungry quests. These two things is all you need to make a successful taco night!
Taco Meat Ingredients:
- ground beef/turkey/ whatever meat you want
- cumin and chili powder
- spanish olives
- lime juice (if you have it)
- salt pepper
- garlic and onion
- begin by slicing onion and garlic and sautéing in olive oil in a skillet
- once the onions are translucent and the mix smells flavorful add in the meat
- add a large squirt of ketchup and stir
- add a generous amount of chili powder and cumin (about 1/2 a tablespoon) if it doesn’t smell flavorful add more
- now splash in olive juice and at least 3-5 olives and continue cooking on low medium heat
- use a spatula to break down the meat into smaller pieces and let this cook until golden this will be about 25-35 minutes
- then eat with nachos or tacos or anything you like!
The Green Sauce Ingredients:
- canned green chiles
- lime juice
- fresh tomatoes
- olive oil
- using a hand blender or small food processor add the chiles and 1/2 a diced fresh tomato in. Add in a sprinkle of dried cilantro and salt and pepper
- while blending add the liquids. You need half a table spoon of lime( a hefty squeeze) and just a drizzle of olive oil to loosen it up
- thats it. its great for dipping or to pour over your tacos!