So this was a recipe that I had no idea how it would taste but went for it and it definitely paid off. I was attempting to make baba ghanoush, a eggplant hummus of sorts. But it ended up turning into a hybrid of that and hot artichoke dip. It was gooey cheesy and had lots of flavor. It was easy and not too many ingredients. This may be your new go to party dip!
- salt and pepper
- cheese( shredded and parmesan)
- cottage cheese
- lemon juice
- begin by slicing the eggplant in half and drizzling olive on top of the sliced half. Then sprinkle on garlic salt and pepper as well. Place in a 375 oven and cook flesh side up for at least 20 minutes or until the eggplant has some give when you poke it.
- flip it over after it just begins to turn tender and cook for another 10-15 minutes
- take a spoon to the skin of the eggplant and use it to scoop and scrap out the insides into a food processor.
- once you have scraped out all of the eggplant and a heading tablespoon of cottage cheese and about equal amounts of shredded cheese. then a generous drizzle of parmesan cheese and parsley. As well as just a squeeze of lemo
- blend this until smooth and put into a oven safe dish. place some more cheese on top and cook for an addition 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- then serve with crackers! It is something totally different but excellently tasty