I truly believe there can never ever be enough buffalo chicken dip, I also strongly believe I could eat it every day for basically the rest of my life. It’s an addition, I am seeking help ;). But since I love it I am always trying to make it in new ways, thats where this recipe came into play. It incorporates a crock pot and buff chic dip so basically the best of both worlds. Its really easy and you wont regret making it 😀
- chicken breast (thighs would probably work too)
- 1/2 a small onion
- buffalo sauce
- cream cheese/ cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- defrost your chicken, I have been learning that if you put the meat in before it is defrosted it will be much more tough.
- Slice up your onion and put at the bottom of a crock pot, I used 1 half of an onion for one chicken breast. Then drizzle just a bit of oil on top.
- Then place your chicken on top, with some garlic on top and parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Let it cook on high for about an hour then add your first round of sauce to the crock pot. Then it can go to low.
- You are going to add your sauce at different time intervals, in total you will probably use 1/2 cup of sauce maybe less depending on how you like it.
- So once the chicken is able to be shredded add the rest of your sauce.
- Now to make this have a creamy texture you can add a bit of cream cheese towards the end of the cooking process.
- In total I let this cook on high for 2 hours and then low for a long time, it needs about 5 hours on low to be ready but I cooked it for a bit longer and it makes no difference 😀
- So enjoy that buff chick dip in a whole new way!! I ate this over rice, so good 😀