Every week I go visit my happy place; Haymarket. The fresh veggies and fruits, mixed with the end of the week, just make it my favorite place to be. I never know what I may bring home or what new thing I will try. This week I brought home a beautiful eggplant and with my basil plant blossoming and having fresh tomatoes in the fridge I knew I would go back to my Italian roots for dinner. Eggplant steaks are great as a vegan or vegetarian recipe!
- fresh basil
- balsamic glaze/ reduction
- garlic, salt and pepper
- Begin by peeling the eggplant. Then slice into 1 cm thick rounds.
- Spray a baking sheet then layer on the eggplant and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Bake in an 350 oven for 30-40 minutes, flipping over in between until tender.
- Then layer on the fresh tomatoes, basil, and the reduction.
- Its filling and easy way to have a great meal! Not to mention gluten free, vegan, and healthy!
One response to “Eggplant Steaks with Freshness”
[…] eggplant steak […]