It seems that again, the whole world is on a health kick this time of year. It is inevitable, your family makes delicious food for the holidays, you eat a lot for a month straight, and then you can no longer see your feet when you shower. This, is the circle of life. The weight will come and go but the most important thing is how you feel at the end of the day. And for me, when I eat crap for long enough, I get sluggish and just feel unhealthy and unmotivated. Because of this I am eating healthier and am posting some fun new recipes so you can eat healthier as well. These recipes cut down on calories but not on flavor.
- 1 orange
- 1 clementine
- 1/2 grapefruit
- palm full of toasted coconut
- 1 palm full granola
- 2 teaspoons yogurt ( I used raspberry, but any flavor would do)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or honey)
- Peel the orange and the clementine, and then slice it against the lines (so they make disks).
- I had half a grapefruit in the fridge so I just scooped out the insides for the salad, but you can also peel it and cut it into slices.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and granola.
- In a small bowl mix together the agave and yogurt and then drizzle over your salad.
- Although this was surprisingly filling, I paired it with one of my vegan bran bars, and I will be posting the recipe for that later today.