Lately I have been very busy running around and traveling and having no time to cook or eat anything worth while. Because I am not home often I am trying to make delicious things from canned things I have and minimal fresh ingredients. This recipe is an inspiration of that. Most people would look at a can of beets as an enemy. Something you eat out of desperation or your mothers version of torture. But this recipe and the next in my beet series will make you love a can of beets, and will help you put them to good use!
- 1/2 can of beets (drain the juice and save for the next recipe)
- 1/2 can white beans (drained and washed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dollop sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of cinnamon
- dash of parsley
- crumbled goat cheese
- sliced green onions
- a baguette or crackers
- Put all the ingredients except the goat cheese, onions, and bread, in a blender.
- Blend until it is a fine puree/ paste.
- Spread on a toasted piece of baguette and then crumble the goat cheese and scallions on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
- I also used this as a “dressing” for salad. Just thin it out with a little bit of oil if you would like to do this!